1.08.2007

Starting the Search for Two Canadian Soldiers

I am looking for two Canadian WWII soldiers who saved the life of my mom and her family. The parents were Ad [Adriaan] and Wilhelmina [Willy] Dirks. They had 3 very young girls, Anke, Elsje, and Luke. Canadian soldiers saved them from starvation during World War II. Chris Duke [me, the grand child] is trying to find the identity of these two Canadians to thank them personally. Their names were Perry and Andy. Andy was from Medicine Hat and Perry was from Abbotsford, B.C. They worked in a Canadian mess tent in Utrecht we think. They brought food to the family. They were looking for a camera and my Opa Ad brought them to their house.

What would I like to do if I find them? If they are willing, I'd like to make a documentary about it. I'd like to bring them to meet my Oma and her family in Thornloe, Ontario. A story, maybe a short book, and maybe on film.

This blog is the story and resource I am using for this search.

If you have any information, please contact Chris Duke here.

Email Chris Duke!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am a Genealogist and I have managed to find one of your missing WW2 soldiers.

Andrew "Andy" Stapleton served with his brother Henry "Hank" overseas. Their parents were George Stapleton of Buffalo, Missouri and Sarah Coombes of Kent, England. Andy and Hank were both born in Alberta, Canada along with their other brother Frank.

Sadly Andy passed on October 9, 1987 and is buried in Milk River, Alberta. I was able to talk to his wife who varified that I had the right Andy. Also, there were no other Andy/Andrews from Medicine Hat, Alberta who served in WW2.

I did do a search for Perry and 8 potential suspects. Please contact me and I will send you in the correct route.

While I know you were looking for survivors I hope I haven't disappointed you.

Sincerely,

Cinderelly

moodxpress@hotmail.com